Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend Fun! :)

            I have been very fortunate that in addition to enjoying working in Geneva, I have been having a wonderful time exploring the city and the surrounding areas! J
            One of my new favorite activities is having picnics! Rather than going out to eat dinner, my friends and I have been buying food at the grocery store and then eating outside in various parks and around the lake! It is such a nice way to relax after work and is always so fun!
            I had a great time this weekend! On Saturday, I visited Annecy, France with Brooke, a girl living in my hostel and one of her intern friends, John. I was shocked by how easy it was to take a day trip to France and really enjoyed exploring the picturesque city! It is absolutely gorgeous and we ended up with beautiful weather! We all had a great time! Here are some pictures from the day:



We learned how to make Origami Boats!









           Today (Sunday) I went to mass at John XXIII Parish. I attended the English speaking Mass with a friend who has been living in Geneva a few months last week and then I found the Mass again all by myself today! It is a very small church but has a wonderful community atmosphere and I am so glad that I found a mass where everyone speaks English!

John XXIII Parish

            Finally, today I decided to climb to the top of the Cathedral that I am living across from! I have been meaning to climb to the top since I moved in and found myself with a free afternoon to do so! I was a little bummed that it is so cloudy and rainy today so my pictures did not come out great but the views were still amazing!! J I still cannot believe how lucky I am to be living in the Old City! 








1 comment:

  1. Emily, Love your pictures of Annency and also the views from the top of Cathedrale St. Pierre! Happy that you have made new friends, found the English Mass and are having such a wonderful experience!!

    ReplyDelete